45.8 F
Tysons
Monday, October 18, 2021
FairfaxBusinessVienna publishing list of tax-delinquents

Vienna publishing list of tax-delinquents

Must Read

Following their annual tradition, the Vienna Town Council on Aug. 30 agreed to publish a list of property owners who have been delinquent in paying their real-estate taxes.

Taxes were delinquent for 13 properties in town as of the end of fiscal year 2021 on June 30. The total amount owed, $53,573, represented a decrease of $35,526 (40 percent) from the previous year’s tally and resulted from the payment of some of the past-due bills.

Town officials reported there had not been any decrease in the real-estate-tax collection rate because of the pandemic. The town collected 99.8 percent of taxes due in fiscal 2021; the remaining 0.2 percent equaled $19,800 due as of Dec. 5, 2020.

Vienna officials will publish the list of delinquent properties, their owners and the amount of taxes due in a local newspaper and on the town’s Website. The town also will write off delinquent individual property-tax bills worth less than $5.

- Advertisement -
  • Virginia Dept. of Elections
  • Virginia Dept. of Elections
  • GRANT 2.0 Sun Gazette Digital Ad
  • Vote Clement

Join Our Newsletter

Latest News

Yorktown runners dominate county meet

They came, they conquered and dominated, they won all of the big awards, and they gave their head coach...
- Advertisement -
  • Virginia Dept. of Elections
  • GRANT 2.0 Sun Gazette Digital Ad
  • Vote Clement
  • Virginia Dept. of Elections

More Articles Like This

Get our email updates

WHAT’S UP? 

 

Find out what’s going down around town

with our FREE newsletter from the Sun Gazette!