News of the achievements of local students and members of the Armed Forces.
** Erin Burgeson of Oakton, Mollie McNally of Great Falls and Ian Murphy of Vienna have been named to the president’s list for the fall semester at Miami Unviersity.
** The following local students have been named to the president’s list for the fall semester at James Madison University:
– From Great Falls: Alexandra Black, Gregory Gersony, Jessica Broyles, Elizabeth Diederich, Sarah Ormond, Mary-Grace Romano, Kell Vollmecke, John Bush.
– From McLean: Emma Privitera, Medeleine Duley, Edward Walters, Olivia Gore, Alexander Davis, Sofia D’Ermes, Alexander Garcia, Linsey Wenk, Perrin McHugh, Mary Campion, Camila Maric, Hongkyung Shin.
– From Oakton: Elizabeth Williams, Anna Davis, Grace Mead.
– From Vienna: Ellen Reed, Ethan Howard, Bethany Lee Bergin, Kathryn Sharon, Grace-Laurent Richmond, Melanie Chambers, Claire Krisko, Bailey Brummer, Sadi Aram, Samuel Kipps, Paige Knisley, Teodora Hryschchyshyn, Sara Grace, Catherine Kirkhorn, Sofiya Biryukova, Isabel Romov, John Eggeman, Veronika Miller, Conor Swaney and William Blackwell.
** Kevin Kaldes of McLean has been named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at Aurora University.
** Whitney Wiley of Vienna has been named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at the University of New Hampshire.
** Carolyn Best of Vienna and Warren Breiseth of Great Falls have been named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at Ithaca College.
** Charles McGarry of Vienna and Meghan O’Brien of Vienna have been named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at Seton Hall University.
** Sofia Aguiar and Luke Mahoney of McLean; Megan Rourke of Oakton; and Riley Fitzsimmons of Vienna have been named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at Fairfield University.
** Maddie Dunlap of Vienna, Steven Preston of McLean and Ryan Smith of Oakton have been named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at Wheaton College.
** O’Kelly McWilliams from Oakton has been named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at Wofford College.
** Josh Elkowitz of Vienna, Camila Garay of Great Falls, Cassie Herman of Vienna, Anna Krisko of Oakton, Robert Luebke of McLean, Ashley Morris of Vienna, Robert Nahigian of Vienna, Kristina Okeson of Great Falls, Luke Perez of Great Falls and Ben Schwartz of Great Falls have been named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at Miami University.
** Emily Carson, the daughter of Stephen and Barbara Carson of Vienna, has been named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at St. Olaf College.
** The following local students have been named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at James Madison University:
– From Dunn Loring: Hudson Halling, Dominic Ortolano, Haley Nguyen, Matthew Ngheim.
– From Great Falls: Pouya Parsinejad, Seanan Lewis, Charlotte Smith, Brooke Vivenzio, Danielle Generous, Mitchell Langford, Emelia Potteiger, Abigail Paredes, Stepan Toporkov, Haley Mills Quick, Joseph Femia, Manasi Uprety, Olivia Elkas, Jiyoon Park, Ryan Sandhu, David Hulett, Lindsey Fouty.
– From McLean: Daniel Musikanth, Eli Mulligan, Jessica Aten, Cole Strubhar, Matthew Wong, Andrew Norton, Sarah Patton, Aryah Waller, Maria Liu, Kendall Smith, Toby Howard, Jane Gerrard, Francis Marks, Alden Miller, Paige Cowan, Cole Awams, William Chapman, Claire Goldhush, Easton McCollough, Eva Suskind, Rhea Morris, Jenna Levetown, Samantha Leech, Ian Macleod, Sarah DiMeglio, Allison Sullivan, Ariel Decko, Reilly Blanton, Gianna Esposito, Evelyn Marzol.
– From Oakton: Samuel Dimitri, Maxim Forbang, Ewen Hives, Lorelei Dellavedova, Jacqueline Montenegro, Alexander Peters, Cassandra Brazinsky, Harrison Patel, Ethan Lee, Finbar Dermody, Calvin Kopstein, Amir Aryan Ghaemi, Olivia Myers, Eleanor Shiveley, Christine Yim, William Edwards, Sarah Wharff, Amanda Good, Serena Issa, Jennifer Broome, Michael Anderson.
– From Vienna: Kaylee Eiseman, William Hemmingson, Madeline Burns, Alexia Lee, Ryan Murphy, Elsa McKenney, Jeffrey Copeland, Olivia O’Connell, Sarah Heymsfeld, Christina Hoehner, Genavieve Ritter, Christine Paniszcczyn, Katherine Cherpes, Lianna Williams, Grace McConville, Benjamin Dang, Marissa Frontin, Julia Dalton, Walker Hubbard, Haley Lubeley, Anna Stein, Sean Hilger, Erin Lyons, Liam Corrado, Dionisios Makrigiorgos, Andrew Robers, Christopher Walton, Carolina Crandall, Grace Cornman, Eve Cunningham, Colin Nininger, Elsa Coleman, Alexis Rutt, Yong-Chan Shin, Fiona Williams, Daniel Van Heest, Emily Cannon, Andrew Zarazinski, John Visaggio, Kayla Eksteen, Madeline Query, Esha Maskeri, Sydney Marvin, Katherine Snare, Sarah Heymann, Theadora Makrigiorgos, Jessica Papandon, Elizabeth Bryan, Devon Lussier and Catherine El-Hinn.
** Saja Aladhami of McLean has been inducted into the Shenandoah University chapter of the Omicron Delta Kappa national leadership honor society.
** Benjamin Martin of Vienna was a member of a student team at Worcester Polytechnic Institute that recently completed an intense research project, “Raising Awareness for New and Emerging Technologies.”