Beginning Sept. 11, Metro will change the names of five stations on signage and maps across the system, as requested by local jurisdictions and approved by the transit system’s board of directors.
Travelers will see immediate changes on digital maps throughout rail stations and on bus displays, as well as on wmata.com, Trip Planner and Next Arrivals.
Destination signs on Metrobuses and announcements also will recognize new station names. Static maps will be updated gradually once new Silver Line stations and the Potomac Yard Station open for passenger service.
Changes being implemented include:
• White Flint will become North Bethesda.
• Largo Town Center will become Downtown Largo.
• Tysons Corner will become Tysons.
• Prince George’s Plaza will become Hyattsville Crossing.
• West Falls Church’s secondary name of VT/UVA will become VT only.
Metro is working with each jurisdictional partner to coordinate name-change rollouts to minimize confusion for customers.