29 F
Tuesday, March 21, 2023
FairfaxImproperly discarded fire-pit ashes cause Vienna home fire

Improperly discarded fire-pit ashes cause Vienna home fire

Must Read

The Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department on Oct. 11 at 4:35 p.m. dispatched units to a reported house fire in the 1700 block of Fox Run Court in the Vienna area.

Prior to arrival on scene, several units noted a large column of smoke in the general area. Arriving units found heavy fire coming from the rear and one side of the two-story, single-family home.

Crews brought the fire under control in about 15 minutes and there were no civilian or firefighter injuries reported.

No occupants were home when the fire started. A neighbor saw smoke in the area and discovered the fire on the home’s exterior. The neighbor called 911 and attempted to alert any occupants who might be home. Authorities do not know if the blaze activated the home’s smoke alarms.


Fire investigators determined the blaze started on the exterior of the home and was accidental in nature. The cause of the fire was improperly discarded fire-pit ashes.

The fire displaced five occupants, who accepted assistance offered by the Red Cross. Damages as a result of the fire were approximately $300,000, officials said.

- Advertisement -

Latest News

New School Board member receives liaison assignments

New Arlington School Board member Bethany Sutton has her assignments. School Board members on Feb. 2 are expected to approve...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This